This Privacy Notice is provided by Church & Dwight UK Limited (“we“, “us”, or “our”), of Wear Bay Road, Folkestone, Kent CT19 6PG2, in our capacity as organiser of the “Batiste Social Prize Draw” (the “Prize Draw“).
We are a ‘controller’ for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the Data Protection Act 2018 (collectively the “Data Protection Laws“), which means that we are responsible for how we use your personal data.
Here are the details of how we use your personal data for the Prize Draw:
- We collect and process your [name and social media handle] in order to process your entry into the Prize Draw and contact you if are successful.
- If you are a winner, we will:
- contact you by direct message on [Instagram of Facebook] to notify you of this and to ask you to confirm your eligibility, in line with our Prize Draw T&Cs;
- collect and process your [telephone number, postal address and email address] in order to arrange delivery of the prize;
- share your personal data with our promotional agencies, as appropriate, so we and they can provide you with your prize.
- We are permitted to process your personal data on the basis that it is necessary for our performance of the contract you have agreed to enter with us (i.e. the Prize Draw T&Cs). If you do not provide your information to us, you will not be able to participate in our Prize Draw. If you are a potential winner, as part of the Prize Draw, and you do not provide the additional information we request (as set out in the second bullet above “If you are a winner”), then we will not be able to confirm and provide your prize.
- If you are not successful in the Prize Draw, we will delete your personal data collected for the Prize Draw within the period of 7 days following the selection of winners. If you are a winner, as part of the Prize Draw, we will securely retain your personal data until 7 days after the completion of the Prize Draw and any related publicity activities. After this date your personal data will be deleted.
- We use external providers that process your personal data for this Prize Draw as part of the services (such as hosting, security, promotional administration and/or prize fulfilment) which they offer to us. We take steps to ensure that our service providers process your data in accordance with the Data Protection Laws, only use it in accordance with our contract with them and keep it secure. If you would like more information about our processors, please contact us at email@example.com
- We do not transfer your personal data outside the UK and the European Economic Area.
- We strive to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures in order to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access and any other unlawful forms of processing. We aim to ensure that the level of security and the measures adopted to protect your personal data are appropriate for the risks presented by the nature and use of your personal data. We follow recognised industry practices for protecting our IT environment and physical facilities.